These cookies are really yummy soft and chewy… almost like muffin tops.
1/2 cup Salted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (or make fresh pumpkin mash by cooking pumpkin meat with water and pureeing once very soft)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 cup golden raisins
optional - 1/2 cup pepitas or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar together, add molasses and egg, beat in pumpkin mash.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, spices, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. Cup by cup, add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, mix well.
5. Add raisins, pepitas, walnuts and fold in with spoon.
6. Use 2 spoons per person to drop dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment.
7. Bake for approx 10 minutes, edges will brown slightly.